For many people, it seems that productivity is fairly hard to come by. Sure, there are times when you have these short bursts of productivity but you can hardly sustain them and worse, you can’t have them during times when they’re most needed. If you are reading this article, then there is a good chance that you are having trouble being productive for the day. You’ve tried all the proven productivity hacks but to no avail. Well, it’s time to think outside the box!
Here are some unique and relatively unusual ways to increase your productivity at work:
Find What You Are Passionate About, and Make it… by AndrewDorko
• Go green – Should you have a handful of plants in your office, you might find that your levels of stress are decreased. Obviously, when you have plants, you’ll also require direct sunlight. Allowing the sun inside will increase the level of serotonin the brain produces. That particular boost implies your mood will greatly improve, your concentration will improve, and you won’t feel nearly as fatigued.
• Workspace optimization – If your work area isn’t comfy and organized in a manner that isn’t ideal for getting work done, becoming productive becomes a struggle. So organize your desk properly. Think of ways to ergonomically improve your work space. Increase the amount of natural light in the room. There are many ways to optimize your work space for productivity.
• Learn to say no – The majority of us tend to say because we don’t wish to appear rude, unfriendly or unhelpful. Sadly, this also leads to ending up with more responsibilities than we can handle. Develop your personal strategy for saying no after which, rehearse it until you can do it naturally. By doing this, you won’t say yes just because you believe you should – you’ll say yes because you understand that it’s best for you.
• Update your tech – It is rather hard to be productive if you’re making use of technology that’s frustratingly obsolete or simply not
working. If you work with a computer that’s consistently rebooting for no reason, or one that is very slow even with just basic tasks, you are throwing away valuable work time. The same applies to out-of-date smartphones and computer printers that jam more than they print.
• Do a fun or stimulating activity – If you have been working on a mind-numbingly boring task, you may start to feel lethargic and have
trouble focusing. When this occurs, try going for a 15-minute break and doing an activity you enjoy. Just make sure that the activity you decide on keeps the mind working.